Skip to main content

Thrift Store Side Table and Cabinet DIY

I found this first table at Goodwill for under $20.  It was scratched, and a little worn, so I spray painted it gold to give it a new look, and match the rest of the decor in my dining room.  I had been wanting two side tables for a while, but had not had much luck finding anything the right price, and style.  I like that this table has the added piece along the bottom, since it really helps with storage.


This next cabinet was purchased for around $25 at Habitat for Humanity.  It was just a little too worn to be left unpainted, so I spray painted it gold, also.


Here is the after!
I am so happy with how they both turned out!  For now, I am storing a lot of my crystal and clear glass in the cabinet.  

The candelabra on top was a $10 find from a thrift store in Amelia, Virginia.  I had been wanting one for a long time, so I was thrilled to find this one, and at such a great price, too.

The large crystal vase with the palm trees was a Goodwill find for around $25.   The shorter crystal piece was found at the same Amelia thrift store for around $10. 




The fruit items were both purchased from Goodwill.  I think they will be especially lovely for the holiday season.  The candle holder was another Goodwill purchase. I am very happy with that piece, as well. 

As you can see, the bottom of this side table is used for storing my cake stands, punch bowls, and a few other items. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dining Room Before and After

Here are my latest before and after photos.  The area is the dining room, which is right off the living room.  In place of the new chandelier from Home Depot , there used to be a ceiling fan.  I'm not a "fan" of ceiling fans, so that was one of the first things to go.  The very first thing to go was all of the old carpet that covered the floors in almost all of the rooms. As I've written previously, one of the things I first loved about this house was the paneling, and this area off the living room that I have chosen to use for the formal dining area.  Not long after starting the process of buying the house, I envisioned an all-gold dining and living room.  Part of that vision was gold curtains.  Well, after purchasing the fabric online from Ebay , I realized they were way too sheer to be used without backing.  Since taking these photos, I have added off-white muslin to make them opaque. As you can see, under that old carpet were some fabulous hard

Dessert Bar

I decided  to create the dessert bar that I've been wanting to do for several years.  It may not be as pink and on the scale that I wanted it, but I am very happy with it and I think it turned out very pretty.  A few months ago I had seen an advertisement about the Unicorn cake being sold at Walmart, so I decide to get that from a birthday and it tasted great and looked great and I am very happy with that as well. I totally recommend the unicorn cake for kids and adults alike.

Pantry Makeover

Here are photos of the first completed project in our new house.  I decided to start with the pantry because the room was small, and not too overwhelming to paint.   Unfortunately, the winter weather kept us from doing a lot more the past few months.  Frankly, it was just too cold and miserable for anyone to want to work on a house that needs so much done, inside and out.  Now that we've been having many days of warm, Spring weather here in Virginia, we've already gotten a lot more done. My dad, James, helped me paint the walls of the pantry.  Unfortunately, it took several coats to get good coverage. We  used Olympic Assure with primer.  For the floor, we used a grey by C& M Coatings that was purchased at Lowe's. It's amazing how much cleaner and fresher a coat of paint makes things feel!   Before Before shot of pantry floor Pantry after new paint After