Skip to main content

Pioneer Woman Tablecloth

I recently purchased this beautiful blue floral table lcloth by Pioneer Woman from for under $20. 

I went with the largest one available to make sure that I had enough for my dining room table. I thought id it was too large, I could use the excess fabric to make matching napkins.

I'm very happy with the print of this tablecloth, I particularly wanted the beautiful blue and white to showcase my yellow and green lemon plates that I purchased from the Dollar Tree last year.

 I think the colors and patterns are going to work very well to showcase lots of other dishes and tableware as well.

The blue and yellow toile napkins that are on the table are ones that I made from extra scraps of fabric that I had lying around the house. They are not a standard shape and size of napkins but for just me and my family, I don't really care and they worked out just fine.


Popular posts from this blog

Dining Room Before and After

Here are my latest before and after photos.  The area is the dining room, which is right off the living room.  In place of the new chandelier from Home Depot , there used to be a ceiling fan.  I'm not a "fan" of ceiling fans, so that was one of the first things to go.  The very first thing to go was all of the old carpet that covered the floors in almost all of the rooms. As I've written previously, one of the things I first loved about this house was the paneling, and this area off the living room that I have chosen to use for the formal dining area.  Not long after starting the process of buying the house, I envisioned an all-gold dining and living room.  Part of that vision was gold curtains.  Well, after purchasing the fabric online from Ebay , I realized they were way too sheer to be used without backing.  Since taking these photos, I have added off-white muslin to make them opaque. As you can see, under that old carpet were some fabulous hard

Bedroom Before and After

This post has been such a long time coming!  Today, I am finally posting the before and after of the bedroom renovation of our home. The first photos I am sharing are of the room when we first purchased the home.  We ended up not changing much at all in this room except for the dirty, old carpet.  We removed all of that, and also the particle board that had started to decay and fall apart.  It was a lot of back-breaking work, and we ended up taking many weeks to complete just the removal.   I think this wood paneling was probably put in place back in the 1970's.  I am not a huge fan of the dark wood, but I just could not bring myself to paint over something that still looked brand new, as far as wear, after more than 40 years.  Perhaps some day I will end up painting it, but we still have far too much to work on in the rest of the house to bother at this time.    Here it is!  The next picture (below) shows the end result, as of now.  I am so thril

Pantry Makeover

Here are photos of the first completed project in our new house.  I decided to start with the pantry because the room was small, and not too overwhelming to paint.   Unfortunately, the winter weather kept us from doing a lot more the past few months.  Frankly, it was just too cold and miserable for anyone to want to work on a house that needs so much done, inside and out.  Now that we've been having many days of warm, Spring weather here in Virginia, we've already gotten a lot more done. My dad, James, helped me paint the walls of the pantry.  Unfortunately, it took several coats to get good coverage. We  used Olympic Assure with primer.  For the floor, we used a grey by C& M Coatings that was purchased at Lowe's. It's amazing how much cleaner and fresher a coat of paint makes things feel!   Before Before shot of pantry floor Pantry after new paint After